Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Classroom Updates

Hello Parents,
We have successfully completed the second day of school! I am very proud of all of my students for coming to class with such great attitudes. We've had a lot of fun getting to know each other. I wanted to update you on a few important bits of information:

1. The classroom supply list is on this home page (scroll down to older posts). I understand that it may take a few days to get the materials together. I would really appreciate it if you are able to get the composition books, as they are used for their homework logs, as well as classroom warm ups. In addition, the homework logs should be initialed daily. Thank you for your cooperation with this. 

2. Fifth grade is a very intensive year concerning new math concepts. The foundation for everything we are learning will rely heavily on whether or not your child is proficient in both their MULTIPLICATION and DIVISION facts. I cannot stress this point enough. My goal is to have all of my students show proficiency by the end of October. This can be done through a lot of practice. There are many resources available online, as well as free printable worksheets. You may also take a look on the home page under 'Math Facts' and find some tools to help you there. This will give your child a great start towards understanding the math concepts we will see throughout the year. 

3. I have created an email mailing list using the information that was given to me on the student info sheet. If for any reason you would like me to send information to solely one email address, please let me know and I will make sure to update my contact list. I currently have both emails listed on the info sheet.

Thank you parents for a great start to the year. Have a good night.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Alvarado